A discussion titled, “Survival and Moving Forward,” featuring individuals associated with mass shootings including Sandy Hook Elementary School, Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School and Columbine High School will take place at 7 p.m. on April 11 in the Stambaugh Auditorium.
– Sue Klebold, mother of Dylan Klebold, one of the perpetrators of the Columbine High School shooting in 1999.
– Fred Guttenberg, father of Jaime Guttenberg, who was killed Feb. 14, 2018, when a gunman entered Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida.
– Kaitlin Roig-DeBellis, former teacher at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, site of a mass shooting in 2012.
– Angel Colon, survivor of the mass shooting at the Pulse Nightclub in Orlando, Florida, in 2016.
– Susan Bro, mother of Heather Heyer, who was killed by a white supremacist in Charlottesville, Virginia, in 2017.
This event is part of the Centofanti Symposium at Youngstown State University, which is sponsored by the James and Coralie Centofanti Charitable Foundation.
The event is free, but tickets are required for admission. Tickets are available at the Stambaugh box office or online at www.stambaughauditorium.com.For more information, contact Jackie Leviseur at 330-941-2136 or firstname.lastname@example.org.